Monday, December 14, 2009

Piano, Lights, School

Will's parents just moved here to Provo a couple of weeks ago, and had a lot of things that they didn't want, need or have room for, including a beautiful old upright piano. Two of the other daughters really wanted it, as they both play the piano very well...however, I came out lucky because Will and I were the only ones that had enough room for it. I'm so excited to have a piano again!!!

Last Wednesday, Will and I made a trip up to Salt Lake City to see the Christmas lights on temple square, as a celebration for our two-month anniversary. It was pretty funny, as on that day we'd been married as long as we were engaged and as long as we knew each other before we got engaged. It was cold (around 0), but it was a lot of fun to walk around and see all the lights. Some of the trees there are just incredible and have thousands of lights.

Things at school are going well, I'm making a TON more tips now that I'm a senior, mainly because we actually get clients!! I usually have one or two a day instead of maybe two a week. I'm really excited for my break though (the 23rd - 4th). Someone actually just bought the school and things are going to change very dramatically. It is going to be Aveda Institute, Provo, instead of Dallas Roberts. I think it will be a good change, but it's going to be hard to adjust to, especially for some of the girls there that always do whatever they want and get their way. For example, a lot of the girls don't come on Saturdays. When Aveda comes, if you miss a Saturday you pay $500, and you can miss a maximum of 2 for being sick or whatever. Like I said, I think it will be a good change, but the more I hear about Aveda the more glad I am that I only have 3 months left!! I feel bad for the guy that just sold it, our owner, because everyone gives him SUCH a hard time about everything, and says "He just doesn't care" behind his back when they're not happy with the school. But he explained to us why he sold, he said it was because he wasn't able to give us what we deserved, after having 4 back surgeries he just didn't have the time and energy to keep up with it. So I think they need to lay off and give the poor guy a break. This picture is my nail that I entered into the Christmas nail contest. I doubt it'll win (not to be pessimistic, but I never win anything, hahah), but it was fun.

No comments: