Saturday, November 14, 2009

"Fashion Notes"

A couple of months ago at school, we started planning for our annual fashion show at the Scera Theater in Orem. The theme was music, and we separated into groups of music genres. They told us we had to find models and recommended we weren't models ourselves because we all had to work on one, and being one and working on one is a lot to do. A couple of weeks before the show, my friend who was in my group, which was Oldies, asked me to be her model because hers broke her arm and couldn't do it. I really, really didn't want to, but for her sake and the sake of my group, I agreed. I was Lesley Gore - think "It's My Party". We had to come up with some sort of routine for our 5 minutes of time on stage, so with all of our sub-groups in our group everyone got about 50 seconds. I was in charge of getting the music ready (cut and put together so it was the right amount of time for each one), so I made mine a few seconds shorter...I had no CLUE what I was going to do on stage all by myself. I am no dancer, and that's basically what I was expected to do. We never even ran through the thing before the day of the show. On that day, we got to the theater and found out the music wasn't working. Something went wrong with my burned CD, which I still haven't figured out because it worked on everything else, and I had to run home and get my laptop so I could give the DJ the original file. By the time I got back, it was too late for our practice and we had to wait. When we could finally run through it, it all went well till my song came on. In the middle of it, the DJ accidentally made it stop, so I didn't even get to go through the whole thing. Needless to say, I was a little nervous about going onstage, dancing in four inch heels and having no idea what I was going to do. It ended up going well though, I faked my way through it and didn't even trip!! I'm kind of excited to see the DVD later, and kind of...not...

This is me trying to get my updo out that night. The girls at school ratted and backcombed it until it was a giant mess, and the whole time sprayed the strongest hairspray we had into it. It was difficult.

No comments: