Friday, May 13, 2011

Gardening...

Our second attempt. Last year, Will and I had a little garden in our front yard, as well as some herbs in a planter. It did not end well. For one thing, after we planted all our flowers, it snowed. A lot. (Refer to my post last May.) It didn't kill anything, but I don't think the flowers really appreciated it very much, and just never seemed to thrive at ALL. More just hang on for a while, and then look really unhappy for the rest of the summer. And our planter - well, we had a cat, and finding a place to put said planter was really hard, because the cat could get almost anywhere. We ended up putting it on top of our entertainment center, which unfortunately was also home to a bad draft. Some of the seeds germinated, but promptly died. I don't know if it was from the cold draft or the fact that they kept drying out. (Yes, yes, my fault...)

Anyway, we're trying again this year, but we're only planting some flower seeds. The good news is, they are all sprouting, and faster than the little packet said they would. The bad news is, I don't think they'll make it much farther than that. Not that anything is wrong with them, but...well, I just feel like I didn't get a green thumb, like my parents seem to have. I tend to kill everything green. *sigh*

But it's worth a try, right?

1 comment:

Phil said...

Absolutely worth a try. Be sure the seedlings get plenty of light and not too much water. If it's a cold spot where they are at (say, below 62 degrees), then a seed starter heating pad underneath helps a lot.