Monday, February 22, 2010

Valentine's Day

Yeah, so maybe it was over a week ago, but that's okay. I can't keep up with my blog at all. But only 20 more days of school and I'll be done!!! At least that is the plan. Then I'll have so much time on my hands I won't know what to do with it! For another 4 months anyway... :)

For Valentine's Day we had to do something cheap, but at least do something because this was our first Valentine's ever together, so we made a very nice dinner with some $5 steaks (heck yes!!), asparagus, roasted potatoes and honey-wheat rolls. Because Will has been cooking for me nearly every day for the last couple of months, I cooked it for him. I wasn't sure about making steaks, because Will cooks ALL the meat here. Whether it's raw chicken, cooked chicken, hamburger meat, he always does it. Not because I don't want to or can't or don't know how, but that's just the way it is. But I just got on google, asked Will for a little advice and made it. So maybe they weren't perfectly medium-rare, but they turned out well. Next time I'll maybe get thicker ones or cook them a little less...

After dinner we took a walk around where he proposed and down the bike path where we walked nearly every day when we were dating. Overall it was a simple but very good day.

No comments: