Tuesday, March 9, 2010

It's probably about time...

I've been putting off making this public for quite a while now, and it's about time to at least put it on my blog. I suppose most people who read my blog already know, so it doesn't really matter anyway! I am 19 weeks pregnant! (For anyone who is wondering...I have been married for approximately 2 1/2 weeks longer than that.) We weren't originally planning on having kids right away, but after we got married we thought about it and prayed about it and decided that we shouldn't wait. So many people say they don't want kids because they want to just enjoy being married for a few years, but the way I look at it...you can still enjoy being married just as much, you simply have to severely rearrange some things and habits. And if you can't be happy with your marriage along with some kids, then you have a problem and it's not the kids. So why make it harder and get into couple habits, then have your life turn upside down when you're comfortable with it? We'll have couple time when we're old and decrepit. :) Anyway, we are VERY excited and happy, and just a little bit nervous.

I always thought in the past that I would go with a traditional hospital birth, and please...give me all the drugs possible. And then I got pregnant and said "Wait..." and did some research. I very quickly realized that I wanted to follow my mom's footsteps and have a natural home birth instead. There is actually a birth center here in Provo, very close by, that is basically a home birth away from home. Now I will just hope and pray that everything will go smoothly and that I won't have very large babies. ;) So far it's been very nice, no morning sickness to speak of, a little nausea if I didn't eat enough but that was about it. And that's me anyway, so no surprise there. I just barely started showing a couple of weeks ago, and now I'm feeling like every day my pants are tighter. Maternity clothes, here I come...

We had an ultrasound yesterday, which I had a hard time deciding if I really wanted or not, but it did put my mind at ease to know that everything is good and the baby is healthy. We decided not to find out the gender, and though most everyone thinks we're completely insane and out of our minds, and how can we not, and how will we EVER prepare and be ready, I think it'll be fun. Will is sure it's a girl, and I know it's a boy. During the ultrasound the sonographer told us to close our eyes so he could look at the lower parts of the body, and when he was done he said "Are you sure you don't want to know? Because I know." I guess that's how you find out if someone is really sure about their decision. But yeah, everything's going very well, and me and the baby are healthy and strong. And getting bigger.

3 comments:

Judy said...

Congratulations to you and Will! It's a very exciting time for both of you! Glad to hear the pregnancy is going well. I wouldn't want to know the gender either.

Betty said...

The first thing that popped into my mind was: You two are going to have so much fun! And you will be such Great parents! Congratulations!

I put my bet in for GIRL. Gut feeling, nothing else. When is the actual date? Spring/Summer pregnancies are so much better....being off balance in icy weather is no fun, and light weight maternity clothes cost less and are easier to cross over to and from regular clothes.

Much love from Great Auntie Betty

Becky said...

Thanks!! I'm due August 5th. Thanks for saying it's good to be pregnant in the summer...everyone says it's horrible because it's so hot! I'm not too worried though, I'm always cold and we have AC, so I should be fine. I think finding out the gender is like peeking in your Christmas presents to see what they are.