Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Flower Gardens and other things...

The weather has been so nice the past couple of weeks here...Will and I decided to start a little flower garden. Unfortunately it's going to get cold again (no way) this week, but I think it'll be okay - I guess we'll find out how cold-hardy Dianthus, Snapdragons and Violas really are. The Marigolds will have to wait. I thought it wouldn't be a big deal if we had a couple of frosts, easy enough to cover a few plants, but not if it's going to or below freezing for 5 nights in a row!! And who knows how many more now, the forecast keeps getting worse. But it's almost May, so I'll bet after this it'll be better. I do hope so, anyway. We shall see.

I don't know if I'm the only one having issues, but I can never seem to get pictures to work here without a lot of time and pain. They take FOREVER if they even upload, and I don't understand why. Ever since blogspot changed their picture thing, it hasn't been working for me. Before that it was fine and I never had a problem. This time I don't think I'm going to get it to work. :( Sorry, no pictures of our garden quite yet.

Anyway, enough of the whiny stuff - there is good news too!! Will started school today, he's so excited. He also got a great job on campus, programming for the campus police, or...something along those lines. I have the hardest time remembering what he does exactly, or maybe just understanding in the first place. :P It pays well, and so far he really seems to like it. I guess his two bosses were shocked yesterday because he did so well programming something for the police and they absolutely loved it, apparently no one had been able to do it the way they wanted. He wasn't sure why it was such a big deal, but hey, I'll take it. That's always good, because I guess pay raises are not uncommon if they like what you're doing, and it's already better than I expected. So that's probably the best thing that's happened to us money-wise since we got married! Yay!!

No comments: