Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Happy Birthday, Paul!!!

Andy kindly reminded me of Paul's birthday a few days ago, and we decided we should do something for him. We all pretended we forgot about it, but Andy invited him over for dinner on Monday, the day before his birthday because he has class literally almost all day on Tuesdays. Will and I made a cake, and I have to say it was pretty cool. I wanted to just do something simple for it, and write "23" on it in something square, to look like pixels. I thought we'd probably just use Starbursts. Amazingly enough, Will found some little colored square candies, I'd never heard of them or seen them before but they were PERFECT. We had different computer game scenes and random pixel scenes on the sides. We are definitely not pixel artists, but hey...for using little Chinese candies on a cake, I think we did pretty darn good. They tasted kind of nasty, but Paul enjoyed them immensely, so it worked out.

2 comments:

Betty said...

How 'sweet' of you two! And Andy and Steph too.

Also..Becky... Congratulations on completing school, and Will.... I think you will make a fabulous teacher!

JanetinMN said...

Sweet looking cake!! Can't wait to see pictures of the people....