Monday, September 1, 2008

The Great Kitchen Renovation

After having lived in this old farmhouse for almost 15 years, we decided it was time to change the kitchen floor. Actually, I decided it was time, and started tearing it up when my parents were gone. :) They knew though, that I was going to, so it was all good. My mom was very much ready to change it. Who wouldn't be? After all, it was ugly, split-pea-soup green, faded, cracking, peeling, etc. etc. etc. Just gross. Honestly, it doesn't seem to be a horrible looking kitchen in general...but I do think that it looks somewhat better in the pictures than it did in real life. Maybe just because you can't see all the details of the grossness. So, I invited Nick to come over for a couple of days and help us tear it up, which he did willingly. I think the willingness was more just wanting to be with me rather than wanting to tear up a kitchen floor, but it worked. And he only broke two or three of our tools.

No comments: