Monday, September 1, 2008

Valley Fair!!

The weekend before last, I was lucky enough to get Friday and Saturday off to go to Valley Fair with Nick and his family. It was the last week that the water park was open, so we really wanted to go, but for a while I thought I might not be able to go. My time off request was denied because it was the week of UND's opening something-whatcha-ma-call-it for freshmen, so a lot of people wanted it off. The lady in charge said I wouldn't be able to get it, and she felt really bad about it, but there wasn't really anything she could do. So I asked around, and begged around, and I finally found someone who would work for me on Saturday. Then later on, as I was getting slightly more desperate, I asked one of my supervisors about it and she was able to find someone for me. I was incredibly lucky.

Anyway, I had a great time there. After my first roller coaster ride I was sort of dizzy and and didn't feel terribly good, and I was afraid that maybe I wouldn't take to roller coasters quite as well as I thought I would. After a few more times though, I got used to feeling like my stomach was ten feet behind me and had a lot of fun. I even went on the roller coaster that goes upside down and on the power tower - the tower that takes you up and drops you. It was intense. We were there from 9:30am, before it opened, till after 10pm, when it closed. Luckily we didn't have to eat the nasty fair food, we brought sandwich fixings and ate in the truck instead.

After we rode roller coasters for a while, we decided it was way too hot and that the water park would be a good idea right about then. There was a sweet water slide, with a tube made for four people. We found out that the bigger the people in the tube, the higher it went around the corners. Jared and Nick tried to get it as high as they could, nearly flipping themselves, along with Becca and me, over. Then it started to rain and the wind picked up, so we decided to go back to the roller coasters. Overall, it was most definitely worth $26.95.

The next day, on Saturday, Nick and I went to the Mall of America. We basically just wandered around the whole time looking at random things. I guess that's probably what most people do there though. We did find some pretty sweet clothes...that we didn't buy.

No comments: