Monday, September 8, 2008

The Price is Right

That's what I make sure with my new job at Target. I pulled a muscle in my shoulder a few weeks ago, and cashiering seemed to be making it just get worse and worse till I really couldn't do it anymore. I'd asked to be moved to the salesfloor a while ago so it would be able to heal, but they sure took long enough to move me out of cashiering. It's not quite the salesfloor, but it's definitely better. My hours are 6:00am to 2:30pm every day, which is a little early for me, but manageable. I get up at 5:00 and that gives me about 15 minutes to get ready and go. Basically what I do is put up new prices, put up signs for sales, mark things that are on clearance, and just make sure things are coming up at the right price. It's a party, I tell you. I really like getting off at 2:30. I was kinda tired when I got home today, but hopefully it won't take too long to get a little more used to the hours. I also went to the chiropractor today, and he smacked me around a bit, which definitely helped my shoulder. I guess a tendon was out of place, and that's why it hurt so much. He told me to try not to reach behind me while holding heavy things, and that's exactly what I'd been doing as a cashier. Good thing I'm not anymore!!! :D It's funny though, remember what I said before about how they don't really train you there at Target? Well they did the same thing to me again. One lady told me to work with this other lady, and she said not to give me my own work just yet but to just show me everything today. Well guess what I had within ten minutes? My own work, in another isle. Everything went fine except when I thought the isle went to the back wall when really it went across the back wall too, so I missed some sale things I was supposed to scan and see if they needed to be taken down. But oh well, I can just blame it on the lady because she should have been there. I wanted to ask her to make sure, but I assumed I was because that's how all the other isles went...but yeah, I had no clue where she was. So other than that it was all good. :)

No comments: