Sunday, May 17, 2009

My Bicycle!

Meet my new bike, Amethyst Disaster:
I bought her yesterday. I've been wanting a bike for quite some time now, and I kept calling Andy and telling him to look for one for me since I don't know the first thing about bikes, and finally yesterday I called him and told him again that I needed one. He happened to be going to Deseret Industries (thrift store) to drop some things off, and told me he would take a look there for me. By some stroke of sheer luck, there was this one. Apparently it is worth quite a bit more than the $65 that I got it for...I do wish the purple was a cooler color, such as blue or orange, but it will do. It was pretty funny when Andy and Steph were telling me how to ride it, because I didn't realize you're not supposed to be able to touch the ground when you're sitting on the seat. So they're all telling me how to get on, and I guess I didn't quite get it, because I got on, promptly lost my balance, fell off and scraped my knee. I TOLD them that I didn't remember how to ride a bike anymore because it has been years (literally) and they didn't believe me. Obviously, they should have. But once I actually figured out how to get on without immediately falling off, it was fine. So, no worries!

1 comment:

JanetinMN said...

Yeah, if you are a racing dingo you should not have your feet touch, but NORMAL people have their feet touch the ground and it's much safer that way. Lower your seat! What a pain that would be at stop signs!!