Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Nerdish Tendencies?

So Will and I were talking last week, and I said something about being kind of a nerd. He disagreed, saying that there was no way I was a nerd. I didn't look like it, act like it, and I went to beauty school. I told him I was anyway, and he wouldn't believe me. A few days later, we were talking about what we used to do when we were kids. I mentioned playing Commander Keen, and he stared at me and was like "You played what?" I told him I used to play Commander Keen all the time when I was younger. He was silent for a few seconds and then said "You ARE a nerd." He said he never really played it because it was too hard. Then I got all excited and wanted to play it again. It doesn't run on Vista, so of course it was difficult to get it to run correctly on my computer. We had to get Dosbox and run it through that, which involved way more than I knew how to do. He figured it out for me and I played it right through without stopping (if I stopped I lost my game), and beat it in a few hours. Then today, I decided that I wanted to play number 5 too, now that I'd finished 4. I talked to someone who is a major computer and video game nerd, who also loved playing Commander Keen, and I said I wanted to play 5. He said "Oh, that one is really hard..." So after searching online for a while I finally found a version I could download, but by the time I found it, Will had to leave because it was midnight and he is a stickler for the rules, to put it lightly. So I was very disappointed and ALMOST cried because I wanted to play it so bad. Okay, maybe that's exaggerating a little bit. So I decided to take matters into my own hands and try talking to the computer myself. It took a little while, but I managed to get it to work, amazingly enough. Not only that, but then I beat it in two hours. No cheating. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's my little sister!