Thursday, June 25, 2009

Not whiffle balls :/

Yesterday evening, I went to Trafalga, a place with mini-golfing, go-karts and such. This was apparently supposed to be my date to try new things, since I haven't ever been go-karting except around the yard in one that my brother made, I've never had Dippin' Dots, I haven't been mini-golfing since I was 15, and I've never hit a baseball or softball with a bat. I used to hit whiffle balls and bouncy balls around the yard, but that's about all. I was a little nervous because that is an AWFUL lot to do in one evening, when you're a chicken like me and afraid to do anything if anyone is watching, but I couldn't think of a single good excuse to get out of it, so I went.


The go-karts were fun, I liked them. They were pretty fast, I think they were about 0-10 in a minute or so.


The Dippin' Dots were good, of course.


The batting cage...well, I was scared, I admit. And for good reason. Apparently I don't know how to hold a bat right, and I ended up hurting my hand pretty badly. I think it's just bruised, but it's kind of getting annoying, Most of the time it's just a constant dull ache, but if I try to text or open door knobs it hurts really bad. It's still a little swelled up but I think it's going down. I can't decide if not knowing how to hold a bat proves that I'm a nerd or a girly girl. And the fact that I didn't do my hair for school for the third day in a row makes me think it might be the first one.

The mini golfing was relatively safe, except that part of the course was flooded and I accidentally stepped into the water and then I jumped because it startled me and I got even more wet. But all in all, despite the few little problems I had, it was fun.

No comments: