Friday, July 11, 2008

Almost a Hero

So I tried to donate blood today. Last time I did, which was also my first time, everything went perfectly...except when the needle slipped a little bit after they put it in and caused me horrible pain for about 2 1/2 minutes. But I was done in less than 10 minutes and felt fine. I went today to a little dump of a town 10 miles from my house in a creepy looking gray building (I'm always afraid the nurses are actually vampires, this didn't alleviate my fear at all). After I got inside, they asked me all the dumb questions about my mom being in Mexico, and jammed the needle in my arm. It really didn't hurt at all. Unfortunately, something went wrong and they couldn't get the flow right. A lady who was more experienced in the matter came over to help, and she tried to move the needle to get a better flow, but pulled it out instead. Of course, my arm spurted blood, got everything all messy, and that was the end of it. They were going to try on my other arm, but ran out of time.
I'll save lives next time.

No comments: