Thursday, July 24, 2008

Just another day

I don't really have anything exciting to write about. Just another long day at work. Actually, it really wasn't all that long at all, only 3:00 - 10:30. Lately all my days have seemed terribly long though, for some reason. Maybe it's something to do with the fact that all I do is robotically slide hundreds and hundreds of items across the scanner, it's just getting old. Or something like that anyway, I don't know. I got to be a breaker the other day, which is much better. Then you get to bag, give people their breaks, pick up hangers and abandoned things, and I even got to be the all-important operator for half an hour and answer the phone. It's interesting when they teach you to do new things there...because they really don't teach you anything. They very briefly go over what you do, then expect you remember it all without any help. So yeah, I had a bit of trouble trying to transfer people to other places in the store when they called. But, oh well. It's good experience, I think.

A few days ago I had an older lady come in and hand her credit card to me, and ask if it was the right one, because she had an older one and a newer one. I was like "uhh...I can't really do anything with your card till you're trying to pay with it." so she tried to pay with it, and of course it didn't work. I told her to either call the 800 number on the card, or ask guest service about it, since they know more about that sort of thing there than I do. She got all mad and asked how long it would take, and if I could just do it, and all this stuff. I basically told her I really couldn't do anything about it, and she paid a different way. Some people are a little strange though. Since when do cashiers fix credit cards that don't work?
Anyway, that's my rant for tonight. I think it's time for bed now.

No comments: