Saturday, April 11, 2009

More Adventures in Salt Lake

My friend Chad and I decided it would be fun to go around to all the temples close by here (which is some 7 or so within an hour or two) and do baptisms for the dead. Since he's endowed and neither of us have family names, he baptizes me. So far we've gone to Provo (of course), Mt. Timpanogos, Draper, and Salt Lake City. Yesterday we went to both Draper and Salt Lake City. It's interesting how every temple does the same thing, yet they all have their little differences in how they run things. Bismarck is definitely the odd one out, because it's so small. It was kind of cool going to the Salt Lake temple, because to get into the baptistery you have to find this little doorway that's kind of hidden and press a doorbell-like thing. It kind of makes me wonder how many non-members try to get in and how annoying that would be.

I love going to Salt Lake City. There are so many strange people there, I'm definitely not used to big cities. I love the train we take from our parking lot to Temple Square...I don't know what I love about trains so much, but that's half the fun of going to Salt Lake City for me. After we did baptisms there last night we went out to eat at an amazing place called Tucanos. It's a Brazilian grill, and you start off with a salad bar, then go get some potatoes and rolls, and waiters come around every two minutes or so with little pieces of different meat and give it to you. I love the barbecue chicken and garlic sirloin...but the chicken hearts aren't my favorite. They're not bad but they have a funny flavor. One of our waiters laughed at me because I was eating more than Chad. The way I look at it is even if I stuff myself way too much, I really need to make it worth his money. If he's going to spend some 30 dollars on just my food, I better eat 30 dollars worth. Anyway, the food there is so amazing that if I didn't eat every bite that I possibly could, I think I would regret it. After we ate, we went back to temple square, walked around a bit and took pictures.

For anyone that may be wondering, Chad is madly in love with me, and I think he's alright, but there is nothing between us. He's probably one of the nicest, most spiritual people I've ever met - Nick is still ahead of him in both of those areas - but he weirds me out sometimes (not often, but every now and then I can't help but stare and think "Did you really just say that?") and I just don't think anything would ever work between us, and he knows that. I do things with him because it's fun, he makes me laugh, and he buys me food. He kind of drives me crazy sometimes because he makes it a little bit obvious sometimes that he would marry me on the spot if he could, but I can put up with that for a couple more weeks till he leaves for California...if he keeps buying me food. ;)

1 comment:

JanetinMN said...

Your blog looks very nice, but I want to see your hair!!