Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The story of my chopped off hair

I told myself and everyone else that I was definitely not going to cut my hair. I was going to stay strong in beauty school and have long hair the whole time. Then one morning I was washing it and thinking how annoying it was. I was blowing it dry and thinking about how long it takes. Then I was straightening it and hating how long it was taking to do my hair. I went to school and thought it was looking pretty scraggly on the ends anyway, and that I should cut it. I convinced myself I would love to cut it. Then I decided it only looked scraggly because it was raining out, and I re-straightened it a little bit and it was much better. I thought about how much product I was using to protect it from all that straightening and how much it costs, so I decided to cut it. And then Cass walked into the room with her beautiful, long blond hair. And I thought, "Nah, I like my hair. I don't want to cut it." And then a few days later, I had just barely passed my floor test and my hair was in a nasty ponytail, not done that day because I was too lazy, it was frizzy and not cooperating (yes, beauty school students have bad hair days too, don't worry). Finally I thought about it once more and after completely convincing myself I didn't want to cut it, I changed my mind and got it cut that night. I LOVE it. Don't get my wrong, I liked my hair a lot and I'm glad that I had it so long, but it was definitely time to chop it off. So here I am!!! With about 10 inches less hair! :)

2 comments:

JanetinMN said...

It is adorable!! I love it! I bet it's way easier to take care of.... Make me want shorter hair again..

Judy said...

Your hair looks great, Becky!