Friday, March 27, 2009

Bad Girlfriend??

My roommates don't seem to think that I'm the best missionary girlfriend ever, and I don't see why. He's been gone a whole week and two days, and I've only been on like 6 dates. I lost count a little while ago. I think 6. But hey...that's less than a date for every day he's been gone so I think I'm doing pretty good!! :) My roommates are pretty jealous though, that not only do I have a boyfriend but I get more dates then all of them combined. The ones who are engaged don't really count, which is half the apartment (yup...3/6), but the other two are jealous. To be honest, they are all driving me insane - right now I'm so annoyed with boys that I don't even want to look at one. Why can't they EVER be happy just being friends?

I went to a western themed dance last night, and it was fun but it was slightly awkward because I didn't really know many people at all, and there was like one slow song, which was really disappointing because I like slow dancing better than the awkward dancing where you just stand in awkward little circles with your awkward little friends and make awkward little dance moves that don't make any sense. But whatever. I'm over it. I suppose it's better than dancing with a short guy with bad breath and B.O. that asks you what color your toothbrush is. That actually happened to me once...no joke. I did ride the mechanical bull (I think maybe they should call it the maniacal bull), and totally owned it. I don't know exactly how long I was on there but I think it was more than 8 seconds. So I owned it. I borrowed my home teacher's cowboy hat because he wouldn't let me get on the bull until I had one, so I yelled and waved it in the air while I was on the thing. It was pretty exciting, I wish I had a video to put on here, but you'll just have to imagine it I guess because I don't have one. My belt buckle is pretty sweet, no? We made them with cardboard and aluminum foil.

Oh and I am so excited!! I don't know for sure if this is going to work out or not, but I'm excited anyway. I met this guy at the dance that has a band, but they need a bass player...enough said. I hope it works out because I want to do it so bad. But I suppose if it doesn't, I'll get over it. Eventually. I'm pretty optimistic about it, because bass players are really hard to find and I'm going to be around all summer. So we'll see. :)

No comments: